Dogs, Marriage and Cheer

It's been one of those days. It's probably just a woman thing or maybe I'm just really strange but my emotional state this week has been...um horrendous. Yes I said it the first step in having a problem is admitting you have one right?!

I mean seriously my poor husband. It's been such a roller coaster of tears and outbursts that even I have started to wonder about my sanity. I blame the majority of it on the stress of running my own business. I won't go to far I'll leave that to other posts but I'll just say I run a gym with about 60-100 (depending on the time of year) alone. I have help here and there but it's mostly on my shoulders.

Anyways back to my day, I'll keep it short and sweet...the good part will come in the end. It was just a humdinger, starting with a sore throat yet a desire to get my nails done. For background here I haven't had them done since before my wedding which was in September. I would love to say it's because I'm so low maintenance but really I just have no time!! It was definitely an "I want to be pampered and spoiled for half a second could you let me have that please real world?!?"

Answer? NO! Yes my husband so lovingly said go, here's the money. But in reality we had plans for the evening and still had to run to town. Now let's stop for a moment I must clarify "town" for probably the majority of you people who grew up in a town with more than two cops and more than 1 stop light. GASP yes those places exist. The ones with two cops I mean. I can smile when I say I grew up in one. More on that later....I know I know but I tend to ramble so I'm trying to stay slightly focused in each post. Ahem anyways, the town I live in now is far from where I grew up, but it still doesn't posses things such as chain grocery stores, aka HEB, Wal-Mart, and the mother ship Target *sigh*. Anywho we have to make weekly/bi-weekly trips there to save our sanity. So I being the planner that I am knew that if I had my mani/pedi as I planned to I would spend the rest of the day beating myself up for being selfish...yes I'm one of those.

Fast forward and we are sitting in the mall parking lot fighting. WHY? I'm not sure either of us really knows. I know really it was my fault. I was blaming him for me putting myself second. Again. Again. I'm really new to this whole marriage game but I'm learning that you really shouldn't do that. I will stop here to brag on my husband. He puts up with me really well. I can put on airs of being the perfect catch but sometimes I'm a mule. At least I know this. Now having said this he's not always the best comforter. Which in all honesty is what I needed. So how exactly does he make things better? He takes me inside and buys me a wedding ring.

Yes a wedding ring. We skipped that step. We had a kid (his not mine), got engaged, bought a house, had a wedding, and finally bought a ring.

I have not stopped staring at it and the picture doesn't even do it justice!!

I was kind of on cloud 9 for the rest of our trip, until we returned home to find our newly adopted lab Leo had escaped from the backyard.
Isn't he a cutie?? And a total sweetheart. Except for his unfortunate chewing habit which is what landed him outside. I'm hoping he will come home but I really think someone picked him up he's just too sweet.

To make matters worse or better depending on how you see them. our evening plans were to attend a marriage banquet. Now you can probably deduce from the a fore mentioned fight we need all the help we can get. Marriage is hard. Through in a divorce, a kid, in-laws, and a girl who's been doing her own thing for ten years...well yea you catch my drift.

This banquet was different. It was food and friends just talking and hanging out. The guest speaker was Kevin Leman. If you've ever heard him speak you know why it turned out to be such a fun night. If you haven't I highly recommend him.
You can check him out here http://www.drleman.com/store/index.php and it's not a plug he had really interesting things to say. Plus all of two people read my blog so why bother?! Ha!

I will say this he talked about birth order and relationships. First borns are driven perfectionists. Babies of the family are social, not very driven, but very loveable. The thought provoking thing for me is I'm the baby but I act like the first born. My husband is the first born yet acts like the baby. Yes I plan to study more to see what I can find out!

The were just some candy hearts on the table :)

No comments:

Post a Comment