21 Day Fix Approved

So a lot of people has this misconception with diet and weight loss that you don't eat. Let me tell you with the 21 Day Fix this couldn't be further from the truth!! I've even had a few days that I didn't eat all of my approved servings. I wouldn't recommend this (shhhh....don't tell Autumn).

I was worried when I started about what I would eat too. I'm a junk food junky. My favorites being hot cheetos (gasp...yes I know they're horrible!), Reese's peanut butter cups (anything chocolate and peanut butter is a lethal combo for me!), and ice cream. I could actually list more. With my hectic busy schedule it was just easy to grab something and go. With the 21 Day Fix I have learned that a little bit a prep time can change everything.

I wanted to share some of my favorite (easy) recipes I've found since I've started.

I stumbled upon this little gem last night. I was looking for something sweet after I made the mistake of eating a salad with bitter lettuce (I'm not a fan!!). It was a late night getting home from the gym so time wasn't really on my side so I had to work with what I already had...that lead to this:
-1 cup frozen fruit (I used strawberries and bananas-my FAV)
-3/4 cup or red container greek yogurt (I used vanilla)
-drizzle of organic raw honey

Fix count: 1 red, 1 purple, 1tbsp.
I was so easy. I set the frozen fruit out while a prepped and ate my meal. Then added the yogurt and honey. It will definitely be a go to for the future!


This morning after hitting the Lower Body Fix hard I decided to change it up a bit with my Shakeology. I have been so impressed with my morning shakeo. I really think it has made a difference in my immunity and energy.

Today I made a Mint Chooclate Shakeo
Ingredients:
-1/2 cup almond milk
-1 scoop chocolate Shakeology
-mint extract
-1 tbsp. choc chips
-a bit of water

Fix count: 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 tbsp.
Put everything in the blender and mix it together. YUMMY! This is amazing and light and so good if you enjoy mint chocolate chip ice cream..sigh.

With the fix I've also learned to eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day. I've always known this was a good thing but it seems easier now. So as a result I will have a mid-morning snack at work. Today I made a banana quesadilla.
Ingredients:
-1/2 banana
-1 tbsp nut butter (I used almond but peanut would be yummy too)
-1 whole wheat tortilla 
-chocolate chips *optional*

Warm a small skillet. Spread butter onto tortilla. Cut banana and place on butter, sprinkle on chocolate chips. Fold in half and place in skillet. Warm until both sides are toasted. Enjoy!

This was uh-MAZING!! Seriously, it felt like desert. 

Here is my lunch today:
Nothing too exciting. A salad with cherry tomatoes and chicken sausage (YUM!). Then my attempt at sweet potato fries from last night. They didn't turn into fries the way I like. Crispy and such. So I had heard from another fixer to add peanut butter to a sweet potato. I had almond butter for my apple for later so I decided to try it. Seriously it was heavenly!!

Again if you're thinking about a fix give it a try. You might just be surprised.



No comments:

Post a Comment