Food Adventures

The New Year usually brings resolutions for all except me. I hate setting myself up to fail things. Of course I start each new year hoping I will accomplish new things but I feel setting resolutions can make them feel unattainable. So this year I'm going on a food adventure!

For several years I have been struggling with some extra poundage. My weight seems to go up but never come back down. I've tried so many different things and I have learned that DIET should be a curse word! Who agrees?

When you start a diet you feel penned into a tiny box. With so many rules on what you can and can't eat it can get exhausting!!

So I have rejuvenated my thinking to a food adventure!!

You may have heard me mention that I do NOT cook! Well I don't but this year I'm hoping to start. My adversion to cooking mostly comes from time. I usually have no time to cook so I grab something quick. Now when I lived in a larger town this usually meant fast food. Which as we all know is the devil worst thing for you when you're trying to shed the lbs. But lucky for me I live in a town with absolutely no fast food!! (I know crazy right :) But its actually been great for me I've already lost about 10 lbs just from the absence of junk. However now I want to loose some more so I can get ready to strut this summer. Ha! Jk kinda

I just want to be a better, healthier me!

So my mission is to start with eating better and excercising. I'm not putting any insane limitations on myself though. Because I know me, as soon as I tell myself I can't have something I want it!!

To jumpstart I signed up for Self.com 's Jumpstart Diet. Eck! I know they used the dirty word ;) To help monitor my progress and give me helpful hints along the way. Plus they have some amazing recipes and excersizes.

Next I made recipe cards of some of their recipes that sounded best to me. The best thing is they give you The Skinny where they tell you the calorie count , carbs, protein, etc. Now even though I refuse to diet or count carbs and calories these things are nice to know especially when I'm trying to get a certain amount of something or other.

So now all I need to do is hit the grocery store to stock up on all the yummy ingredients! I can't wait actually :) Which is unusual when it comes to me and the kitchen but a positive attitude is half the battle!

I'm also starting my excercise plan with just some basic running. My wonderful sporty boyfriend has given me some tips on how to start out so I won't get frustrated with my extremely out of shape self!! ;) I'm really excited about this because I have always loved running. Since it is still west Texas winter (aka sometimes the sun shines sometimes its FREEZING) I will run outside as much as possible and do workout dvds inside on other days. I'm also hunting for a reasonably price used treadmill or eliptical (if you know where I can find one let me know) to help me out as well.

I know this will be a struggle in the beginning because with me its all about time. I never seem to have the time to fit in a work-out or cook a meal. I just cop out with whatever is fast and easy. But I'm motivated to make it all work and not beat myself up if it doesn't always happen. After all I'm only human :D

I will keep you updated with my progress, share all my tips and favorite recipes. Wish me luck with my new adventure, hopefully I can come out the other side with new skills and a new bod :)

 PS I'm not sure why the top is highlighted but I couldn't fix it :P

No comments:

Post a Comment