Brain Break

Balancing the stress of two grades is ALOT of work!!!

I constantly feel guilty for the students because I push them so hard during the day. I've seen and heard the idea of brain breaks but I was always scared I'd have a hard time getting the students back on task. But with our busy busy BUSY schedule I think they will be perfect for my kiddos!!

I compiled a list of breaks that I felt would benefit my students:
1. 10 jumping jacks
2. Dance break (my kids LOVE dancing!!)
3. Brain Teaser
4. Trivia Question
5. Act like a ____________ (animal)
6. Act like a _____________ (profession, exp. farmer, teacher etc.)
7. Partner up and make a the letter ________
8. Lightning round Rock, Paper, Scissors
9. Mental Math
10. Lightning round Bear, Man, Gun
11. Random question

I tried to come up with a variation of movment and thinking activities.
My plan is to offer stickers for the best actors and also for the right answers of the all the questions.

Then I wrote each on a popsicle stick.
I attached these cute pom poms ^ I got from Target in the dollar bin. They don't have a real function just to know which side goes up and to make them cute :*)

Then to continue the the preparation I compiled the questions I need. I wrote them on index cards so they would be ready whenever the specific stick was pulled.
Then I organized them ^ so they would be easy to find. (Thinking ahead for subs and my sanity :P)

I can't wait to use them in class. I think the kids will really appreciate the breaks!!


2 comments:

  1. I have awarded you the Lovely Blog Award. Stop by to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete